What is the LifeStitches Project?
The LifeStitches project empowers HIV/AIDS women with children in Arua, Uganda to become financially self sufficient
through the sale of beautiful cotton table products which the women stitch in a sewing workshop business.
- The LifeStitches project directly supports a sewing workshop on the Arua Regional Referral Hospital grounds.
- These mothers who are not otherwise able to generate income need skills, materials and equipment to become financially self sufficient.
- The sale of beautiful cotton table products stitched by the women provides income to the individual mothers and their children, which improves their nutrition and contributes to schooling fees.
- A portion of all income from the table products is used by the Arua *PMTCT Peer Support Group to pay for outreach AIDS prevention education in the remote villages surrounding Arua.
- LifeStitches is a partnership between: Arua PMTCT Peer Support Group, Arua Regional Referral Hospital and LifeStitches Uganda (Albuquerque, NM based NGO).
*PMTCT (Prevention Mother to Child Transmission) of the